About us

Villa Schlief

Built at the end of the 19th century in the neo-Renaissance German style, the Schlief Villa is the most imposing building on Allée de la Robertsau, a surprising testimony to the imperial period of Strasbourg.

The small red brick palace was designed by architects Auguste and Paul Brion and built between 1894-1895 for Eugéne Schlief, a law doctor. The building became the Permanent Representation of Romania to the Council of Europe in 1994, the first Permanent Representative was Ambassador Sabin Pop.

During the period 1994-1996 the building was completely renovated, especially since at the time of purchase it was in an advanced state of degradation. The main architectural element of the villa is the square tower at the entrance, flanked by two round towers. Remarkable are also the large glazed roof and the two-plane bay window on the first floor.

Currently, the property is on the list of historical monuments in Strasbourg.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Marking the end of the Romanian Presidency of the Council of the European Union

06/27/19

On June 27, 2019, the Permanent Representation of Romania to the Council of Europe organized at the …

Marking the end of the Romanian Presidency of the Council of the European Union

06/27/19

On June 27, 2019, the Permanent Representation of Romania to the Council of Europe organized at the …

Romania at the European Parliament in Strasbourg

05/19/19

On May 19, 2019, at the Open Day of the European Parliament in Strasbourg, the Permanent…